Monday, September 26, 2016

Monthly Goals Update

Obviously I completely failed at this. September is only a few more days long and I haven't yet posted the update for my monthly goals. Double fail for not posting in two weeks. Do I really suck this much? Well, let's see how I did on my goals:

Post on this blog regularly: Absolute fail.

Film and edit videos: Filmed three videos, edited none yet. Editing software is overwhelming. Semi fail.

Read five books: Two non-fiction and two fiction down, one to go. Check!

Walk at least 5,000 steps a day: Check! 

So at least I don't suck 100%. Phew. But let's look a littler at those goals I set, why I set them and how I'm really doing at them. 

I really wanted to make this blog a priority this month but it didn't work out as well as I had hoped. I did think about it a lot but I didn't actually do anything. In part this was because my life was just pretty busy and I just always have a million things on my mind that I want to do and research and learn about and I just get distracted. A lot. Also I think that maybe my goal was set a little high. Maybe I need to start smaller and slowly build up this habit. That also wouldn't make me feel like a loser as much for not reaching my goals. So in (almost) hindsight, I am glad I set this goal, I am glad I failed it and I am glad I am still making this post and not giving up right away.

Next up, the youtube goal. I've been wanting to have a youtube channel for a long time now but I just can't seem to get it started. First of all, editing is freakin' impossible to figure out right now. Also, there are just so many amazing and high quality youtubers out there and since I am a perfectionist, I feel like having to live up to those impossible standards. I know that's stupid and unrealistic but so far haven't been able to convince my entire self of that. But I will also not give up on this one and just keep taking one tiny step at a time. 

A goal I had almost no problem with was the reading goal. I love to read so it is just a matter of finding the time (and space, one of the books I read entirely in the bathroom). If I come across any amazing, life-changing books I will definitely do a review on them, but this month it was nothing super special, so I won't.

And lastly, the walking goal. I work as a waitress right now so on the days I work (about 3-4 times a week) I have no problems reaching this goal anyways. But I wanted to make a point of moving more on my days off and I think I did really well. I just downloaded a step counter app onto my phone and recorded my steps every day. I did an average of around 8,000 steps a day, my record was 13,900 and I only had one day each week where I didn't make it to 5,000. I'm really happy with those results and will definitely continue walking more. The hardest part for me was actually having to have my phone on me all the time.

So all in all, I am pretty happy with how I did, I'd give myself a 2.5 out of 4 so far and I definitely learned something on the way.

Hope you enjoyed this. I am open to any feedback and suggestions!

Read you soon,
Lisa




2 comments:

  1. I miss you...X

    @NewthoughtsNL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I do my best not to get bogged down with perfection. To me, most important is to get your content out there. Perfection comes later, if at all. Those "perfect" videos are usually set up by people who are professionals. I like how the law of attraction says that like attracts like. Put yourself out there with an idea and more than likely that idea will morph into something different. Similar but different. I am just getting started my self, but can see down the road a bit. I see my path winding away from where I thought I was going and to somewhere just as awesome. You can find me on Twitter @imjustrich8116

    ReplyDelete