Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Monthly Goals: September

Don't forget the important things!
Even though we are already quite a few days into the month of September, I wanted to share my first “Monthly Goals“ now. I want to do these posts to remind myself of what I am focusing on that month, as well as hold myself accountable at the end of the month as to whether or not I completed or at least attempted my goals.
Before I formulate my goals for the month (which I actually did on August 30th), there are two 'concepts' that I keep in mind:
The first one is used in management and is called S.M.A.R.T. goals. It's a tool to help you set goals that are: specific, measurable, attainable, reasonable and time-bound. So a goal like 'I want to read more' would not be a S.M.A.R.T. goal, whereas 'I want to read four books this month' would be one. I think this is a really helpful tool and I try to always keep it in mind, even if I don't end up applying every single letter to every single goal.
The other tool that I use comes from some of my favorite internet people, The Minimalists. They've come up with five categories and if an action does not fall into at least one of them, they will usually not do it. The categories are: health, relationships, passion, growth and contribution. I want to apply this one by trying to set goals that fall into at least one, better even two, of the categories each.

Alright, so after this quite lenghty introduction, let's finally get down to business.
Here are my goals for the month of September:

  • Reactivate this blog and post at least three times per week as well as every third day.
  • Film and (figure out how to) edit at least two videos for my youtube channel.
  • Read five books this month, at least two of which must be non-fiction.
  • Be in bed between 12 am and 8 am.
  • Walk at least 5,000 steps a day.

I think these are all pretty self explanatory and I will not go into any more detail at the moment. I am planning on doing some weekly and or monthly challenges, but for now I want to keep it simple and give myself a chance to actually accomplish the goals.
I hope you all have an amazing, productive week full of joy, sunshine and laughter!

Read you soon,
Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment